We’re Proud to Serve for Those Who Served for Us
The service that the brave men and women of our country provided is near and dear to the hearts of our staff at Highland Memorial Park. If your loved one was devoted to their values and their country, we’re dedicated to helping you honor them in the way they deserve.
Veterans' survivors are entitled to many burial related benefits. However, these benefits will not be paid automatically. Claims for Veterans' benefits must usually be made within two years from the date of final interment.
As an honorably discharged veteran from the Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, or Coast Guard, you may be entitled to:
- A burial allowance for expenses for burial and funeral of the deceased
- An allowance towards the burial plot expenses of a Veteran who is not buried in a national cemetery
- A burial flag, that can be given to next of kin or friend of deceased
- Bronze Memorial or headstone
When a veteran, or their loved ones, chooses to work with an advisor at Highland Memorial Park, we promise to:
- Complete all necessary applications for military professionals and veterans’ benefits which may include applications for the Presidential Memorial Certificate, for Military Honors, and a veteran headstone or memorial marker
- Coordinate the documentation that is provided at death by the family to request honors for their loved one
- Coordinate and confirm any pre-paid funding benefits which help to pay for expenses that the Veterans Administration have deemed ineligible
The top priority of Highland Memorial Park is to serve veterans and their families with honor. Please contact us today at (352) 502-4078 to discuss your eligibility and options.